Round 1: Kyle Klein and Anthony Barela both shot 13 under in the first round to tie for the lead after the first day. Paul Ulibarri had solo 3rd after a 1070 rated round with only 1 bogey. Paul McBeth shot a "disappointing" -9 and was tied for 14th after the first day.
Round 2: Round 2 was the final round at Fountain Hills for the weekend. Barela took the solo lead after his -11 round and Klein fell to solo 2nd after his -10 under. Cameron Messerschmidt shot the best round on the day at 12 under but was still only tied for 32nd after only shooting 1 under the first day.
Round 3: Anthony Barela retained first place after 3 days but Paul McBeth and Joshua Anthon stole the show. Both played the highest rated rounds of the weekend at 1089 on the first round played at Vista del Camino Park. Neither golfer had a bogey and both were 12 under for the day. Beating the next best round of Gregg Barsby's by 2 strokes.
Round 4: The final round was all Paul McBeth needed to overtake Anthony Barela to claim the weekend title at -42 for the event. Paul Ulibarri was able to also move ahead of Barela for 2nd place. Barela, ultimately, settled for finishing third after only shooting 6 under in the final round.
Storylines of the weekend:
- The event saw 4 hole in ones in the four rounds on the weekend with two coming in the first day.
- Brodie Smith continues to incrementally improve every week. He was able to make the cut after the second round and finished a respectable 23rd on the weekend. He will be worth keeping tabs on throughout the year.
- Ezra Aderhold struggled at Vista del Camino Park, he finished the last two rounds a combined 6 under despite going into the 3rd round at 20 under and tied for 3rd. He ultimately finished tied for 22nd.
- Paul McBeth seemed to play off the rust that was evident at the Las Vegas Challenge. Like most tournaments, he will be the man to beat at Waco next weekend.
“The Usual Suspects” Finishes:
- Adam Hammes: T6th
- Cale Leiviska: T14th
- Paul McBeth (pick to win) : 1st
- Drew Gibson: T6th
- Anthony Barela: 3rd