Round 1: Jeremy "Big Jerm" Koling and Casey White both had impressive starts to the tournament leading after day 1. Big Jerm hit 100% of his putts inside both Cirlce 1 &2. Casey White managed to turn in a bogeyless 1st round, James Conrad was the only other player to do so. Kevin Kiefer had the shot of the day with an Ace on Hole 2. Lead Card for Round 2 : Jeremy Koling, Casey White, Chris Dickerson and Joel Freeman
Round 2: Kevin Jones had the hot round on Day 2 finishing 11 under on the day, jumping up 14 spots into 5th. Matt Orum and Ricky Wysocki each shot -10 rounds gaining both of them a share of the lead. The biggest mover was Adam Hammes, also shooting -10 on day 2, he jumped 50 places into a T24 spot! Jake Hebenheimer had an Ace on Hole 6 making him and Kiefer the only players to record an ace for the tournament. One of our leaders from Day 1 did not follow up on Day 2 like he had hoped, Big Jerm shot -1 for the round dropping him 10 places into T11. Meanwhile Casey White turned in a -6 scorecard and at least secured a spot on the lead card for the final day. Lead Card for Round 3: Ricky Wysocki, Matt Orum, Casey White, Chris Dickerson.
Round 3: Orum and Wysocki traded blows through the front 9 and were tied at -20. The back 9 told a different story however, one that saw Wysocki shoot 8 down, besting Orum by 4 strokes and winning the tournament. With only Wysocki having a better round, Nathan Queen shot -10 on Day 3 shooting him 27 spots to finish T11 for the tournament. Kevin Jones unfortunately could not capitalize on his momentum from round 2 and shot a disappointing 3 under on the final day. Jones did still manage to
Storylines of the weekend:
- Ricky Wysocki remains on FIRE! Particularly in the putting game, he was 100% inside Circle 1X putts for the entire tournament.
- Big Jerm lead the tourney after Day 1 but really struggled to find a rhythm in the next two rounds.
- Kevin Jones shows flashes of greatness but has not put together a complete tournament yet. Which should alarm fellow competitors as Jones still has two Top 10 finishes through 4 events played so far this season.
- It will be interesting to see how competitors fare after next week’s Easter break. Who will benefit from the time off and who might struggle?
“The Usual Suspects” Finishes:
- Garrett Gurthie: T5
- James Conrad: T8
- Paul Ulibarri: T46
- Ricky Wysocki (pick to win): 1
- Bradley Williams: T31
- Tanner Girouard: 49th